Who will receive my donated eggs – and why?
Many people can benefit from using donor eggs in fertility treatment. Common to all is the dream of having a child. Reasons that women use an egg donor could be:
- Infertility due to medical reasons such as PCOS, endometriosis, early menopause, etc.
- Poor egg quality after cancer treatment
- Family history of genetic diseases, that they do not want to risk passing on to their child
- Unsuccessful attempts with IVF
- Women over the age of 40 years experiencing a decline in both quantity and quality of their own eggs
Donor eggs are also used by gay men who can become parents with the help of donor eggs and a surrogate, if allowed in their country.
Do you want to become an egg donor, then follow the link to read more about it here.