Frozen donor eggs from Cryos must be thawed, fertilized, and cultured at a fertility clinic, before being transferred to the woman who will hopefully become pregnant and carry the baby. At Cryos we have a high success rate regarding donor eggs, and we offer the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee to ensure you and your patients a successful development of the donor eggs after fertilization.
What is the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee?
The Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee is meant as a reassurance of you and your patients’ success with donor eggs from Cryos.
If your patient qualifies for the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee, and a minimum of six oocytes have been delivered to your fertility clinic, Cryos guarantees that treatment with the donor eggs will result in:
- One blastocyst (and possibly more) of grading BB or better
- OR a pregnancy from embryos that have not reached the blastocyst stage by day 5.
If these parameters are not met, we will replace six oocytes one time free of charge. If the culture does not result in a blastocyst on day 5 of grading BB or better, but viable embryos less than the blastocyst stage are available, a transfer must take place for the guarantee to be in effect.
Who qualifies for the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee?
The Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee is meant as a help for your patient if a donor’s eggs appear not to live up to our high-quality standards. Before we can offer your patient the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee, we therefore need to make sure that any failed attempts to achieve pregnancy cannot be traced back to the sperm quality or incorrect handling of the donor eggs.
That is why we require that the fertility treatment takes place at a Cryos reference clinic and that the sperm used to fertilize the donor eggs meets certain criteria on the day of the ICSI treatment. We will also need to know if there is anything in your patient’s medical history that could affect the chances of the egg developing into an embryo, and any previous tests of the partner’s or sperm donor’s sperm quality must seem favorable. Finally, to qualify for the Cryos Donor Egg Guarantee, you must have at least 6 donor eggs delivered to your fertility clinic.
Criteria to qualify for the Cryos Egg Guarantee
- The fertility treatment must take place at a Cryos reference clinic.
- An order of minimum 6 donor eggs from Cryos must be purchased and delivered to your fertility clinic.
- The sperm used in the fertility treatment must contain a minimum of 5 million total motile (active) sperm cells with a morphology of 2% or higher (Kruger strict criteria). If you purchase donor sperm from Cryos, this equals 2xMOT5 or 1xMOT10 straw or higher. The sperm will be checked at the time of the egg warming/sperm thaw (prior to ICSI) to verify that it meets the required criteria.
- The sperm may not have been retrieved through surgical procedures that require MESA, TESE or TESA (methods of sperm retrieval procedures).
- Any history of sperm quality tests (like aneuploidy test, DNA fragmentation test, etc.) must provide favourable results.
- Any history of clinical or embryological significance may be requested for review.
Why does Cryos offer this guarantee?
We understand that going through fertility treatment takes up energy and resources, and we want to offer your patients some comfort and support during the process. At Cryos, we have a dedicated focus on quality assurance, and our top priority is to ensure high-quality products and safe processes – all the way from donor screening to a fertility clinic’s handling of the donor eggs in their patients’ treatment. On average, most clients purchasing six donor eggs from Cryos will end up with more than one high-quality embryo. Learn more about our success rates with donor eggs and how we screen our egg donors.
Contact us to become a Cryos reference clinic
We hope our donor egg guarantee appeals to you and your patients. If you have any questions, you can contact our Clinic Account Team. Besides answering your questions, they can also help you become a Cryos reference clinic.
If you are already part of our global network of partnering clinics, you can proceed to our free Donor Search and find one or more donors for your patients.