48-year-old Uffe was donor-conceived: "I have always had a father, even though we do not have the same genes"
By Cryos | 2/3/2021
Uffe was 10 years old when he was told that his father was not his biological father and that he was brought into this world with the help of a Non-ID Release sperm donor. In this article, he speaks about his childhood and his thoughts about being a donor child.
RTEBlock is broken / misconfigured. ID: text-110713 / Cannot read property 'push' of undefined
RTEBlock is broken / misconfigured. ID: text-210714 / Cannot read property 'push' of undefined
Facts: ID Release and Non-ID Release donor
- ID Release means that when the donor child turns 18, they can get the donor´s contact details
- Non-ID Release means that neither the child, nor the parents can get any more information about the donor, than what’s listed in the donor profile
- Up until 2006 in Denmark it was only legal to use Non-ID Release donors, and therefore donor children did not have the opportunity to contact the donor
- Different regulations apply from country to country in terms of using ID-Release and Non-ID Release donors. In some countries only one or the other are permitted
- Today in Denmark it is now possible to choose individually whether you wish to use an ID Release or Non-ID Release donor
RTEBlock is broken / misconfigured. ID: text-310717 / Cannot read property 'push' of undefined