Cryos sperm donors either have a Basic Profile or an Extended Profile. A donor can only have one or the other. It is up to you whether you want a profile with little information or an extensive personal description of the donor. You can access all sperm donor profiles for free, Basic and Extended, in our Sperm Donor Search. If you want advice on choosing a sperm donor, follow the link to read our blog post on the subject.
A Basic Sperm Donor Profile
Sperm donors with a Basic Profile are registered with a number such as 456, 8756 or 11250. This type of sperm donor profile includes the following information about the sperm donor:
- Eye colour
- Hair colour
- Blood type
Why choose a donor with a Basic Profile?
Some people only want to know essential information such as eye colour and blood type, and do not have a desire to know any personal information about their sperm donor. If you prefer to know as little as possible about your donor, you should go with a Basic Profile.
An Extended Sperm Donor Profile
Sperm donors with an Extended Profile are registered under a fictitious name (also referred to as an alias) such as CARLOS, SOREN, or JARRED. This is not the real name of the donor.
The Extended Donor Profile contains the same information as the Basic Profile. Additionally, it contains a detailed description of the donor's personality and looks. This type of sperm donor profile includes the following information about the donor:
- Education and career
- Family background
- Hobbies and interests
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Profile
- One or more pictures of the sperm donor as a child
- A handwritten message
- A voice recording
Example of an Extended Sperm Donor Profile
Why choose a donor with an Extended Profile?
By choosing the Extended Donor Profile you can have an idea about the kind of person your donor is. The Extended Donor Profile also includes a photo of the donor as a child, which may help you find a donor who looks like you or your partner as a child.
By choosing an Extended Profile, you get the opportunity to enrich the conversation you have with your child about his/her genetic origin.
Choosing a specific profile can be a difficult process. Therefore, we recommend that you read our blog post on 3 things to consider when choosing a Sperm Donor Profile. You can also read more about our sperm bank prices, by following the link.
Additional sperm donor profile choices
At Cryos, we understand the importance of finding the perfect sperm donor to help build your family. With a wide range of options to choose from, you can select the donor profile that meets your personal preferences and requirements. Other things to consider when choosing a sperm donor profile include:
- ID Release or Non-ID Release Sperm Donors: Decide whether you want the donor's identity to be accessible to your child (ID Release) or keep the donor's identity confidential (Non-ID Release).
- Sperm donor profiles with Adult Photos: Browse through profiles featuring adult photos of our donors. Through Adult Photos you can choose a sperm donor with similar physical features as yourself or your partner.
- Sperm donor Exclusivity: Purchase an Exclusive Sperm Donor to ensure his sperm donations are used exclusively to create your family.
- Face Matching: Use our free Face Matching tool to find a sperm donor that looks like a certain person (e.g., you or your partner).
- Genetic Matching: Reduce the risk of passing on genetic disorders to your child, by using our Genetic Matching service.