In the following, you can find all the information you need about shipping dates, shipping methods, delivery times, returning of nitrogen tanks and more. Regardless of whether you or your patient places the order, the procedure for shipping and delivery is the same.
Shipping date and delivery time
We can ship your order 1,5 weekdays after the online order has been placed. With payment of an additional late order fee, an order can be dispatched on the same day as we receive it. The deadline for this is 12:00 AM (CET) on the day of dispatch.
Your order is delivered within 1-5 days by a professional courier company directly from Cryos to your clinic Monday to Friday. The exact delivery time depends on your destination.
Would you like to receive all orders in a joint shipment?
At Cryos we want to make the delivery and handling of orders as easy as possible for you. If you prefer to receive orders on specific weekdays, so you can handle all at once, we offer you the possibility of joint shipment. This will also reduce your shipping costs and help protect the environment.
With a joint shipment-agreement in place, you or your patients will be asked to choose between ‘Recommended shipment’ or ‘Individual shipment’ during checkout.
- Recommended shipment is the shipment option preferred by the clinic. When choosing this type of shipment, the order will be shipped from Cryos on your clinic’s preferred shipment date as a joint shipment. This means that all orders for your clinic will be sent on the same day.
- Individual shipment gives you or your patients the option of choosing another shipment date than the preferred shipment by your clinic. This could be relevant for urgent shipments.
Delivery times to Europe and rest of the world:
Europe: 1-3 weekdays (3-5 weekdays to islands)
Rest of the world: 2-5 weekdays
The times noted above apply under normal conditions. The delivery time may vary depending on the destination and other conditions. For some destinations outside the EU, customs procedures may delay the delivery. Please ensure that you have the necessary import license to receive the order.
Which shipping method to choose?
The shipping method you should choose, depends on your destination, your preferences and if you have the possibility to store the straws in your own tank. The sperm straws are either sent in a dry ice container (only used for shipments from Monday to Wednesday) or a nitrogen tank. Follow the link to see how to handle sperm straws.
Durability of dry ice container and nitrogen tank:
- Nitrogen tank: 7 days (including the shipping day)
- Large nitrogen tank: 12 days (including the shipping day)
- Dry ice container: 3 days (including the shipping day)
- Large dry ice container: 5 days (including the shipping day)
Please note that the shipping day counts as day 1 in the number of days the tank or container can keep the straws frozen.