A big and warm thank you
On behalf of the Cryos team, we deeply thank you all for attending the Cryos Symposium 2021. It means a lot to everyone at Cryos to be able to meet clients, partners, and customers to have engaging conversations about the field of ART. Whether you attended physically or virtually, we hope that you enjoyed yourself, acquired new knowledge, and perhaps made a new acquaintance or two. We look forward with excitement to seeing you next time.
All the best,
Helle Sejersen Myrthue, CEO of Cryos International
Saghar Kasiri, Director of European Operations at Cryos International
The opening of the first Cryos Egg Bank in Europe
Aside from hosting the 2021 symposium, we were also very proud and excited to open the first European Cryos egg bank. The egg bank opened in Nicosia, Cyprus and is the second egg bank to be opened by Cryos after the opening of our egg bank in the US.
“I am immensely proud that Cryos is now able to use our existing egg bank expertise from the US in helping even more women receive treatment with donor eggs of the Cryos high quality standard from our new location in Cyprus. I am very thankful to everyone who welcomed Cryos in Cyprus, to our customers, our employees, and to the Ministry of Health in Cyprus” – Helle Myrthue Sejersen, CEO of Cryos International.
“We are thrilled to open the first Cryos egg bank in Europe and we plan to get the most out of this new expansion. Cyprus is known for very high standards within the field of fertility treatment which was one of the deciding factors for Cryos to choose Cyprus as location for the new egg bank. We are looking forward to offering high quality donor eggs in accordance with the highest standards while also helping the local economic growth in Nicosia with new job opportunities for local experts” – Saghar Kasiri, Director of European Operations at Cryos International.
Opening and tour of the Cryos Egg Bank
The Cryos Symposium 2021
Interviews with the speakers
Here you can find the video interviews from some of the speakers who joined us for a short interview on the day of the symposium. Feel free to share the videos on your social media pages from our YouTube channel.
Topics and speakers from The Cryos Symposium 2021, Cyprus
- Prof. Evelyn Telfer – Oocytes: In vitro growth (IVG) of human primordial follicles
- Tissue Bank Director Corey Burke, Cryos International and Director of European Operations Saghar Kasiri, Cryos International – Cryos Egg Donors – Value of Quality
- Prof. & MD Anja Pinborg – The health of children conceived by ART
- MD & PhD Niels Jørgensen – Human semen quality is a matter of concern – and what can be done
- Prof. Allan Pacey – Sperm Donor Motivational Study
- MD Christine Bo Hansen – The Impact of SARS-CoV-2 on Male Gonadal Function
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Allam – Beyond normal sperm parameters
Ethics, Legislation, and Donor Children
- Savia Orphanidou, Member of Parliament in Cyprus – My experience as a Single Mother By Choice through a Sperm Donor
- Ole Korneliussen, Cryos Donor – Experience as a former donor
- Anastasia Papadopoulou, Partner at Tassos Papadopoulos and President of FONI – The child’s right to a choice
- Prof. Joyce Harper – Matching and genetic panels
- MD & PhD Gilad Evrony and MD Jonathan Shoag – Quantification of sperm mutation rates by ultra-high fidelity sequencing
- PhD Seppe Segers – Genetic Relatedness in parent-child relationships – an ethicist's view