What is a Blastocyst?
A blastocyst is the beginning stage of an embryo that has developed 5-6 days after fertilization. At this stage, the blastocyst can be implanted into the uterus. It then develops into an embryo once it passes beyond the morula stage and includes an inner cavity and two distinct cell types, trophoblast and an inner cell mass.
Our blastocyst guarantee offers reassurance and confidence in the process of conceiving a child through the use of donor gametes and makes choosing Cryos the right decision.
What is the Donor Egg One Blastocyst Guarantee?
When a minimum of six (6) oocytes have been delivered to your clinic, Cryos guarantees either one (1) blastocyst or a pregnancy from embryos that have not reached the blastocyst stage by day 5. If these parameters are not met, the total amount of oocytes purchased within the cohort will be replaced one (1) time, free of charge. Should the culture result in no blastocyst by day 5, but viable embryos less than the blastocyst stage are available, a transfer must take place for the guarantee to be in effect.
To qualify for this guarantee program the following criteria are required:
- Customers must purchase a minimum of 6 eggs at one time for the guarantee to be in place.
- Semen parameters (on the day of sperm thaw) require > 5 million total motile sperm with a morphology of 2% or higher (Kruger strict criteria). Sperm will be checked at the time of egg warming/sperm thaw (prior to ICSI) to verify that it meets the required criteria.
- No surgical procedures that require MESA, TESE or TESA.
- History of sperm quality tests, like aneuploidy test, DNA fragmentation test, etc. (if available) must yield favorable results.
- To qualify for this guarantee program, any history of clinical or embryological significance may be requested for review.
Patients of Cryos Reference Clinics, or clinics who have been trained in Cryos’ warming procedure will qualify for our Donor Egg One Blastocyst* Guarantee. To assure your clinic qualifies, you can verify with Cryos or your clinic via phone or email.
Questions about this process?
If you have any questions regarding the Cryos One Blastocyst Guarantee please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives. Cryos is happy to help and provide services that make it possible for your dreams to become a reality.
Email us at [email protected].
Or visit our live chat system available on the Cryos website during operating hours.