Why should I choose frozen donor eggs instead of fresh donor eggs?
There are a couple of reasons why you should order frozen donor eggs instead of fresh donor eggs. We have listed some of them here:
- Availability: Unlike fresh donor egg cycles where women could wait up to a year for a donor, frozen donor eggs from Cryos have already been retrieved and are ready for you.
- Convenience: With frozen donor eggs you do not have to be synchronized with the donor’s menstrual cycle. You schedule your treatment when it works for you.
- Price: Frozen donor eggs are more affordable than traditional fresh donor egg cycles. While a fresh egg donor cycle is around $38,000, using frozen donor eggs are nearly half as much.
- Less risk: Frozen donor eggs from Cryos are prescreened so your chances of a medical issue occurring are much lower compared to fresh donor eggs.
- Success: There is no significant difference in the success rates for pregnancy between IVF/ICSI cycles using fresh eggs vs those using frozen eggs.