Egg donation requirements
- Be between the ages of 21 – 30
- Be within a BMI of 19 – 28
- Be physically healthy with both ovaries
- Be emotionally healthy
- Be willing to take daily self-injections for a duration of approximately 7-14 days
- Be willing to take oral birth control pills
- Be within a one-hour drive of our facility
- Be willing to undergo a background check
- Be able to attend all appointments during the donation process
- Either be a college or trade school student, be college educated or have a successful, long term career
To qualify you must wait six months if:
- You have recently visited an area with a Zika outbreak.
To qualify you must wait twelve months if:
- You are receiving treatment for Chlamydia or Gonorrhea. This date is from date of treatment, not diagnosis. All other STDs are disqualifying factors.
Factors that may affect your chances of becoming an egg donor:
- You must be able to provide information about both sides of your biological family
- You and your family members must be free of serious genetic disorders
- You have an STD besides Chlamydia or Gonorrhea (see above)
- You have venereal warts or condylomata
- You use medicines for non-medical reasons
- You have sex with others for money or drugs
- You have recently been in a sexual relationship with a man that has had sex with another man
- You have already donated your eggs six or more times
- You are unable to pass a background check
The above are some of the most important criteria. You can learn more on how to improve female fertility and egg quality by following the link.
Want to learn more about becoming an egg donor?
If you are curious to know more about being an egg donor at Cryos, you can learn more about why and how to become an egg donor here. You can also learn more about egg donor compensation and pay, or visit our egg donor FAQ.
Cryos is here for you
At Cryos, we want you to feel safe and well-informed when becoming an egg donor. Please contact us if you have questions or need further information about egg donor requirements or egg donation in general.