Sperm Donor Profile – 3 things to consider
Picking the right sperm donor can be a long and difficult process, since there are a lot of things to consider before the final selection is made. In this blog post, we have made a list of what you should consider before deciding what type of Donor Profile you want.
In our free Donor Search, we have two different types of profiles: Basic or Extended Sperm Donor Profiles. A Basic Profile only contains information like phenotype, eye colour, and education, whereas the Extended Profile contains a lot more information, such as family background, staff impression, and pictures of the sperm donor as a child. In this blog post we want to help you decide whether to choose a donor with a Basic or Extended Profile.
If you want access to our free Donor Search and see the available sperm donors, then click the button.
See our free Sperm Donor Search
1. How much do you want to know about the sperm donor?
The first thing you need to consider when picking a Sperm Donor Profile is the level of information you want about the donor. Some only want to know essential information such as phenotype and eye colour. If you prefer to know as little as possible about your donor, you should go with a Basic Profile. If you, on the other hand, would like personality to be a part of your decision, you should choose a sperm donor with an Extended Profile. Some want to learn more about the donor before their choice, and make sure that they share some interests or personality traits with the donor.
When picking a specific Donor Profile, you could also consider the financial aspect, since sperm donors with Extended Profiles comes at a higher price than donors with Basic Profiles. Follow the link to see price examples of the different types of sperm donors available in our Donor Search.
If you are in a relationship, you and your partner might feel differently regarding the level of information available. Therefore, it is important to talk to each other and figure out what is more important and how to proceed.
There is no right answer when choosing a Donor Profile. You need to pick the type of profile that feels right for you/your partner and your future donor-conceived child. Depending on your choice, there are a different thing to consider going forward in the selection process. If you are going to choose a donor with a Basic Profile, you can choose to focus on the different physical features, his blood type, or education. On the other hand, if you have chosen a donor with an Extended Profile, there are other things you might want to consider during the selection process.
2. Does physical appearance mean more than personality?
An Extended Profile contain a lot more information regarding the donor than a Basic Profile. Below is a list of things you may want to consider before your final choice:
- Physical appearance: An Extended Sperm Donor Profile contain childhood pictures of the donor, which provide you with a more detailed image of the donor’s physical appearance. Many of our customers prefer to see pictures of the sperm donor, because they want to know how their child may come to look. For them, the personality is a factor in their decision, but their main reason for choosing a donor is still their physical appearance.
- Background: Beside the extended information regarding the donor’s physical appearance, the profile also contains information about the donor’s background and what made them the person they are today. As an example, the donor shares some of the memories and experiences which have impacted his life. Some parents may prefer to pick a sperm donor with similar background to themselves, because it provides a sense of similarity.
- Personality: The meaning of the Extended Profile is to give you an idea of the donor’s personality and who he is. Some of our customers want to pick a sperm donor with similar personality to themselves. Some may do it because they feel more connected to the sperm donor and others might do it because they hope the personality translates to the child.
3. Do you want to see pictures of the sperm donor as an adult?
Some of our donors with extended information also have professional Adult Photos available, so you can see how the sperm donor looks as an adult. Therefore, if the most important factor when finding the right donor is their physical adult appearance, you can choose a donor with Adult Photos and see which features your child may inherit.
If you would like to see pictures of the sperm donors as adults, you can filter your search by ticking “yes” in the drop-down menu “Adult Photos”. The pictures are taken by a professional photographer, which means that you must buy access to see the photos.
Exclusive sperm donors
An exclusive sperm donor is not a normal profile like Basic or Extended. Instead, an exclusive sperm donor provides you with the opportunity of choosing a donor whose sperm donations with Cryos have not been used before. An exclusive sperm donor makes sure that you, and only you, and your partner if you have one, can use the sperm from the donor to conceive a child.
If you want to use an exclusive sperm donor, you must make a one-off payment and purchase all the sperm straws in stock. If you are interested in buying sperm from an exclusive donor, then follow the link to our Customer Care Consultants. They will be ready to answer all your questions, give you the final price for the donor, and help you through the purchase process.